valentine rice krispie heart pops




So I have seen the Rice Krispie Heart Pops done before but I've always seen people prepare the Rice Krispies in a pan and then use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out their hearts.  For some reason that seemed difficult to me and kind of a waste of the rice krispies between the hearts.  I decided to try making the hearts in a heart shaped silicone ice cube tray.  It worked out pretty well!



I'm going to keep my instruction short and sweet.  I first started by taking a pastry brush and lightly brushed margarine in my silicone heart ice cube tray.  I prepared a half batch of Rice Krispie treats according to the box directions.  While still warm I pushed the Rice Krispie treat mixture into the ice cube tray. Being as small as they are they really take no time at all to set up. I was able to fill 3 heart shaped ice cube trays making 42 hearts.  By the time I was done filling the trays I was able to go back to the first heart I filled and started pushing in the sticks.  Next I prepared my white chocolate for dipping according to the box directions.  I dipped each heart in white chocolate and sprinkled with festive sprinkles while still wet.  Pretty cute huh?



Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP